Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Three things

I think sometimes we get caught up in a routine and we forget to look outside of the box... When I remind myself of all the good things in my daily life, I am no longer focusing on the negative.

Three things I am grateful for today:

1) Smiles in the morning from my kids
2) New comfy shoes
3) Cutting out of work early today
-----------------------------------------------------
For the past 2 weeks John has been waking up anywhere between 4 am and 5 am wanting to get up. It is not time to eat and he does not seem to want to eat at that time. He won’t go back to sleep even with a pacifier. So we, or I, created a bad habit by bringing him into bed with us – or usually Andy because I have to get up by that time. Once he is in the big bed he becomes “snuggle Joe” and goes right to sleep.
Last night we did our last feeding at 10 p.m. I actually had to wake John for that one because he had already been asleep. So we tanked up the babies thinking they may sleep for 4-5 hours. Not John though. He awoke at 1:15 for another fill up. I cannot tell if he really needs it or if it is just habit to go every 3 hours. At this point I did not wake Ellie because I wanted to see how long she could sleep. She slept until 3am. Good girl! So, I fed her and put her down. Then I woke John, because he would have been up in an hour anyways. I fed him a couple of ounces and put him back to bed… and there he was at 4:30am… grunting to be picked up and brought to the big bed.
How do I fix this problem???


Have a GREAT day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Dont wake them up until they are ready and when they are ready- feed them. I am a child and I should know. If you have any other Q's, ask Ben he's 3!!!!

    Abbie :)

    ReplyDelete