Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sleep

My laptop is still out of order, so it has been difficult to download photos and blog. I think it might be time for a new one. It’s one of those things that is hard to live without anymore.

We had a nice trip to Olean last weekend. It was a lot of running around. It gets exhausting. We had Kathleen’s surprise 40th which turned out to be a lot of fun. It was held at a local restaurant and all I have to say is “great wings”! And I don’t usually eat them.

The kids are really smiling a lot these days. Their hand-eye coordination is progressing very well. The floor activity gym has music and lights that can be activated only when it is touched. John was going to town with it yesterday. I don’t know if he was purposely aiming for it or if he kept touching it by accident. Elinor even enjoyed looking and playing on the floor.

We usually do baths starting at 8-8:30 each night. The routine is bath, bottle & bed. This all happens by 9pm. However, I have noticed that Elinor is quite ornery in the evening and I have to wonder if she is overtired. John was fighting sleep after 7pm last night. So I may try doing bath, bottle, & bed a bit early tonight. Then I may feed them a couple of ounces of formula right before I go to bed. I think they call this “dream feed”. Also, this morning it was difficult to wake them and feed them before I left for work. I hate having to wake them. Again, John couldn’t keep his eyes open. This is what they looked like after I left for the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment