Wednesday, October 7, 2009

9 weeks old

The kids turned 9 weeks old yesterday and to celebrate we took them to get their immunizations. John is now weighing 10 lbs 14 oz and Elinor weighs 9 lbs 10 oz. They were so good in the doctor’s office. They were just lying there on the table that has the white paper all the while moving their arms and legs for the longest time. I think they liked the sound of the paper crinkling as their legs moved. Let me tell you that they did not know what hit them when the shots were administered. I expected Elinor to cry but John was a different story. I never heard him cry so loud before. His face got so red that when he finally calmed down he actually looked somewhat pale. Elinor cried so hard that she was not making any noise. The nurse had to tell me to blow on her to get her to breathe again. Geez! When we got home I brought them into the big bed with me and we napped for a while. They seemed to be sleepy for the rest of the night. However John started to have a meltdown around 7:30 and I wasn’t sure if it was just a plain old meltdown (so unlike John) or if the shots had bothered him. So I erred on the side of the shots and gave him a bit of Tylenol and off to sleepyland he went.
They did not wake up on their own this morning. That’s right people, John did not wake up at his usual early time between 4 am and 5 am. Nope. Today, he started his grunting at 2:30 a.m. I tried to pat him to sleep. I tried the paci… but he knew better. So, I finally picked him up and brought him into the big bed with me. He was fine after that. Imagine.

Three things for today:
1) Socks and sweater weather
2) Hot cup of tea with honey
3) Kisses from Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment