Monday, October 5, 2009

Autumn

What a great Autumn weekend! I love this weather… it definitely agrees with me.
Friday did not come soon enough. But I loved picking up the kids on Friday knowing that I would have the next two whole days with them… and Lloyd too.

Andy cooked dinner on Friday night. I was truly grateful for that. As I have said before… when Andy cooks it is always something with a tortilla. We had tacos… they were quite good. He also announced that he got a babysitter for Saturday night and that we were going on a date.
On Saturday we did our usual tidying up around the house, laundry, lawn work, etc. Then we got the kids out of the house and went chair shopping in downtown Sandusky. We did not find a thing. We have been in our house for three years and we still do not have a furnished living room. People come over and we all have to pile up on the couch… not great for conversation.
After the furniture store, we strolled the kiddos around town letting them soak up as much fresh air as possible.
After a couple of pumpkin pie lattes we decided to get home so that we could get ready for our date.
Andy and I had a delicious meal at Zinc Brasserie. It is by far our favorite restaurant in the area. He started off with a cheese plate and then a Seafood Medley over pasta. I had a bowl of pumpkin soup with one large scallop. Yum. Then for dinner I had the Alaskan halibut on a bed of lobster ravioli and sweet pea puree. I also had two pomegranate martinis. Really wonderful night.
Sunday was a lazy day. We took our family walk in the morning and never left the house again for the rest of the day. I made Butternut Squash soup in the crockpot (I added 1/2 cup of heavy cream at the end). It was delicious. And I have enough for a couple of lunches. I will definitely make this again.
Mimi and Grandpa arrived around 6:30. Bath night for the kids and in bed by 10pm.

Happy Monday… Cannot wait until Friday!
Bonus: We caught a picture of our sweet John John smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment