Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Early to bed - Early to rise

The kids were especially tired when we got home from the sitter’s last evening. They both fell asleep – for a long time. So I decided that I would do bath, bottle bed earlier. Big mistake. But that’s how we learn, right? Early to bed definitely means early to rise. Not only that but they woke up twice during the night. Okay, so we will never do that again. By the way, in case you were wondering, yes, I still wake baby #2 to feed in the middle of the night after baby #1 is done. People (whoever they are) say that you aren’t supposed to wake a sleeping baby – but those “people” never had twins. If I fed one and then waited until the other one woke I would be up and down all night. I have been doing this since they were about 2 or 3 weeks old. It works for me. It is the only thing that provides me a piece of sanity. And we all know what happens to me when I lose my sanity. It gets ugly.

Okay, so I don’t have photos to show of the babies at 12 weeks. I have them, but I just cannot download them. My computer is still not working. I am suffering without it. Truly. I am praying for the computer fairy to grace me with her presence… soon.

So, as most of you know, I was lucky enough to have lost all of the pregnancy weight and then some within about 3 weeks of delivery. Nice. However, since I stopped breastfeeding, it is harder to keep it off. The area right above my c-section incision has grown. I am also a bit flabby and need to try and fit in some exercise. It’s been difficult to fit it in. I feel terrible, but even more so for Lloyd. Most nights we don’t get out until after the babies are in bed…9pm! There are nights when I look to the bed, then I look at Lloyd, I look at the bed, then at Lloyd. Lloyd wins… but not always.


No comments:

Post a Comment