Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baby Food

I am sure you must wonder what I do in my spare time. What spare time? Every minute of the day seems to be filled up. For example, once the kids went to bed last night around 7:45 I was able to clean the kitchen, do a load of laundry, vacuum the house, clean out the refrigerator, walk the dog and also do this:



Yes, I make my own baby food. You must think I am crazy to do so with twins. But honestly it isn’t that much work. First of all, I love to cook. My cooking has been limited since the twins have arrived – I am so less creative lately. Anyways, I like being in the kitchen. It is the central room in my house – in everyone’s house I am sure. So why not spend more time there? Okay, you still think I am crazy. Preparing homemade baby food is so easy. It’s much healthier than store bought. I am not a huge fan of prepared foods anyways. I will make my own pizza and bread dough. I bake breads, cakes, brownies and cookies from scratch. I make homemade soups and sauces. I use old fashioned oats instead of the instant. I also make my own granola. I could go on and on…
So anyways, homemade baby food is quick and easy. While I am in the kitchen cooking dinner, I can quickly peel and chop a few apples and pears. It takes no time to steam some peas and carrots; bake some potatoes. Once they are cooked, I throw them in the processor and puree each one. I pour the purees into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, they pop out and go into individual freezer bags.
I will need to incorporate some meat into their diet soon. That should be interesting. But I am looking forward to the challenge.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for another baby carrier. We need a second one. We only have the one Baby Bjorn at this time. If family and friends are reading this, keep an eye out for a gently used one and let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment