Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Patience

I really wanted to get out of the house today. I had high aspirations for starting out early. But 8 am came and Ellie had already been up for a couple of hours so down she went. Then John got up and needed to be fed. An hour later he was ready for a nap. Then they both got up at 10:30 and whined and whined. So I fed them. I changed them. I held them. They continued to whine. Back to bed they went.
I must confess that I am yelling at my kids today... something I swore I would never do. Good lord they are getting on my last nerve with all of the whining. It never stops.
I am counting to 10, to 20, to 30. I am breathing. I am meditating.
So there they are in their cribs.... I tell them to go in there and relax... but actually it's me that needs to relax.
I love them dearly. It's just one of those days. I really wanted to get out of the house today.

No comments:

Post a Comment