Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthday

Happy 6 month Birthday Elinor and John!


I cannot believe I have two 6 month olds. In the very beginning, it was hard to imagine them being 6 months old. Some days and a lot of nights are a blur. I wouldn’t trade a single moment – good or bad.
I remember thinking, way back when, how can I be a Mom without any prior experience. Most jobs require experience. I truly lacked experience in the Mother category. It truly amazes me how the maternal instinct kicks in. It was there. Deep down. And it surfaced with perfect timing.

I won’t have weights and statistics until their doctor’s appointment next Tuesday. However, I can tell you this:

They are both enjoying rice cereal , as well as, bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, and avocado.

They are both pretty strong – Elinor especially. John sometimes gets lazy.

John likes to bring his feet to his head. He enjoys pulling off his socks and sucking on them. Funny.

Elinor laughs spontaneously. Out of the blue.

John squeals spontaneously. It is sometimes very loud and piercing.

They are sleeping for about 8 or more hours through the night.

They are able to soothe themselves to sleep. They have been doing this since week 1.
John has 3 bottom teeth and I think more are coming.

Elinor has 2 bottom teeth.

They can both roll over from tummy quite easily.

They both love music, singing and dancing. John especially likes “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” Go figure.

They are aware of each other. John watches Ellie and smiles.

We look forward to the next 6 months.


We are truly blessed.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment