Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summing it up

Okay so I have lapsed a bit in the blogging area and not without complaint. Sorry
people. I’ll give you a summary of the past 2 weeks.  Other than slamming the car door on my pinky finger, the trip to NJ was wonderful.  We really enjoyed visiting with my cousin and her family, as well as my wonderful auntie and uncle.  The trip home during daylight hours got a bit tricky with the kiddos… but all in all they handled it pretty well. When we stopped to picnic, we sat them in their booster seats on the ground.  Pretty silly.  However, it worked. Andy drove the whole way home and then he fixed dinner for the kids, tidied up dishes and the kitchen and helped with the baths.  I don’t know where he gets his energy.
 Kelly and Lex stayed for a few days and helped with the kids.  Lex is a natural with the kids.  And she never had to be asked – she just acted.  I showed her how to make brownies and chocolate sauce from scratch the last evening she was here.  She showed me some of her Irish step dancing which John loved.  He began kicking his legs and feet after watching her.  It was hysterical.  (Not only is John as silly as his father, but I think he has a bit of Uncle Peter in him too).  I loved having the girls here.  Oh, and we also witnessed John leaning over to kiss Elinor on the cheek.  Oh my gosh – it made me cry.
Andy and I celebrated his 35th birthday out to dinner and a wee bit of the Irish Festival.
Elinor has started to walk. Gosh darnit, it is so difficult trying to get video of her walking.  I’ll keep trying.  She waves her hands and arms in the air and sticks out her tongue.  So stinkin’ cute.
The kids are into everything – which is hard to understand because we don’t really have that much stuff.  Things go missing on a daily basis.  I am missing my wonderful big and fluffy makeup brush.  Who knows where that is.  Andy’s hairbrush was on the livingroom floor this morning. I have been missing one of Elinor’s shoes for weeks.  Blocks go in the toilet. Pacifiers are found in laundry bins. Toys travel to every room. 
No plans for the long holiday weekend. 
Happy Anniversary Andy! Xoxo



1 comment:

  1. I had tons of fun! Thanks for letting us stay! Happy Birthday Andy!

    ReplyDelete