Friday, September 24, 2010

Daily Routine

I think that having a daily routine is beneficial to twin toddlers. It gives them structure and reduces the possibility of a meltdown. I think toddlers like knowing what comes next. It also helps me get things done during the day. Based on the routine, I know when I can do certain things, such as: grocery shop, laundry, clean the house, get outside, etc. The routine makes my life easier. The schedule goes something like this:

5:30 wake (early, yes, but we both work so it works for us)
6:15 breakfast
8:00 nap
9:30 wake
9:30-12 run errands, play, snack
12:00 lunch (sometimes this changes to 12:30ish)
1:00 nap (sometimes this changes to 1:30)
3:00 wake
3-5:00 play, go for a walk, read books, snack
5:15 dinner
5:45-6:30 play with Daddy
6:30 bath, milk
7:00 bed

My husband is a bit frustrated about the schedule. He thinks it is too rigid. I disagree. I think that in between naps and meal times there is a lot of flexibility. I just don't think it is wise to run meal times and nap times at different times during the day everyday. Yes, we have to schedule what we do depending on the twins' schedule. Am I wrong? I would love to hear from others about this.... please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment