Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home Again

I got back from NY/Boston late Monday night. I am so glad that I went to be with my girls. Even under the unfortunate circumstances, I do think Kell, Meg and I managed to enjoy the time together. There were even a couple of times when the laughter got the best of me. I can’t wait to see them again for the Reunion in June.

The three of us met in college. We weren’t even very close while in school, but somehow our friendship has transcended for 20+ years. Long-term friendships, like ours, share a history. It’s the history that can never be duplicated or matched in any adulthood friendship. Friends from my youth anchor me in a way, especially since I have relocated so many times. Even though Kell and Meg are hundreds of miles away from me, I can pick up the phone or send a quick text or email which continues to reinforce our friendship. There is something so comforting about being around them… I don’t have to explain myself, they just know. I would much rather have a few best friends scattered around the country than have numerous casual friends close by.

Andy did a great job with the kids. Even with his parents in town, I am sure that he did most of the work which the kids probably appreciate. They are starting to cling to Mom and Dad by the way. On top of taking care of the kids, dog and his parents, he even managed to keep the house tidy and took care of the laundry. Kudos to Andy!

We ran out of baby cereal and I had to grind oats this morning and make the babies oatmeal on the stove. They were unsure of the texture. Elinor definitely did not enjoy it. Note to self: PICK UP BABY CEREAL.
However, Andy said they both loved the Split Pea Soup I made before I left for the weekend.

Leslie, Ben, Drake and Penny arrive tomorrow for the night. I can hardly stand it. I can’t wait to get my hands on the boys. I believe Penny is staying with us through the weekend. That should be interesting… 8 month old twins, a Newfie and a black Lab… I will have my hands full for sure. I’ll try to get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment