Thursday, April 22, 2010

Confession

I have to make a confession.... My house is not clean. I know it. I accept it. I see the dust on the coffee table. I see the dust mites on the floor in the corner. I know there are a few spills on the kitchen floor. I try to keep up with the mess. Seriously! It is out of my control. I just do what I can. My house will never be spotless. There will always be piles of stuff on kitchen counters. Andy's socks will litter the house (along with many other pieces of clothing). The kids' toys cover the livingroom floor. I trip over dog toys.
When you come to my house you will see this mess. It is a mess that sometimes overwhelms me. It makes me crazy. And then I settle in and accept that this is me. This is my house. This is my family. So, if you notice the dust on the ceiling fan... please don't be disgusted or embarrassed for me. Please know that I am aware of it. I will get to it someday. But for today there are babies to play with, dogs to walk, fresh sunny air to take in, a husband to sit with and talk to and places to go.
If I have to choose between a clean house and spending time with my family... .the family wins.
So, do come visit.... but come at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment