Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bath Time


This was the sight of last evening’s bath time. I had this brilliant idea (or so I thought) to try and cut corners with bath time. I am usually home alone during the evenings since Andy works late. So bath time is quite frenzied. So, I thought that I could put a laundry basket in the bathtub and bathe both babies at the same time. The basket would keep them supported and contained.
The result? A disaster! Elinor screamed the whole time. She screamed like she was in pain and bath time is usually quite enjoyable for her. John tried to climb out of the basket the entire time. Then, I did not plan ahead and foresee how I would get them out and diaper and dress them at the same time. It’s not like I could leave one in while I dressed the other one. So both of them were on the floor wrapped in towels… crying. I was sweating!
So, the laundry basket is not fit for baths… just laundry.
However, is it legal for me to put one over John so he doesn’t crawl away while I am dressing Elinor? That would be a call to Social Services, wouldn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. So, did you give the bath before or after you shot the ceiling with Margarita mix because that can explain a lot.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have used a margarita after the bath scene.

    ReplyDelete