Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know. I have not been very good about blogging or posting pictures. It’s Monday again. I have been at my new job for a week now and really like it. However, there is always a period of adjustment. I like how laid back it is and of course the work itself. We traveled to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving. The twins were such troopers on both the drive there and back. They caught colds somewhere between Huron and Gary, Indiana. That was our first stop. We fed them and changed them at the rest stop and also gave them a bit of Tylenol. Elinor vomited her formula all over Andy. We were a spectacle at the rest stop. Both babies had a hard time eating because they were extremely congested. They did sleep a lot in the car – while the car was moving. We stayed at Peter and Leslie’s house. It was crazy there. In that small house we had 7 adults, 2 tweens, 1 toddler and three 4 month old babies. Our visits overlapped so it worked out very well. Thanksgiving dinner was outstanding. It was a joint effort between Peter and Jim and Leslie and also the use of their neighbor’s oven. The first night there I got up around 2 am to feed the babies and was carrying Elinor down the stairs and I missed the last step and fell forward. I fell on my knees and elbows and Elinor never left my arms. Thank goodness Leslie came downstairs because I must have had the wind knocked out of me or something. I started to feel dizzy and broke out into a cold sweat. Shortly after, I recovered. But the next couple of days I was incredibly sore. It's amazing what we are capable of to protect our own baby. Elinor never even touched the floor.
We went to Miller Park for lunch on Friday and the babies slept the entire time. I am always worried that they may have a meltdown in public. Elinor is hard to console sometimes. We were able to have an entire meal without holding a baby or two. Incredible.
The rest of the weekend flew by. Les & I stayed in with the kids on Saturday while the boys had an adventure.  Back home yesterday evening. The babies are still getting over their colds. Now Andy is sick too.  I have off tomorrow and Friday. Looking forward to Friday and seeing Pattie, Patty Rizzo and Kirsten.
I’ll post pictures from the holiday as soon as Leslie sends some. Our camera ran out of juice and therefore we do not have any good pictures of the kids’ first Thanksgiving. Thank goodness Aunt Leslie’s camera always works.

No comments:

Post a Comment