Friday, November 20, 2009

Last Day!

Today is my last day at my job. It’s sort of bittersweet. I have enjoyed a lot of the people I worked with. The job however was not challenging at all. I knew that when I accepted the position because I was desperate at the time to find something. All along I was thinking that I would be able to find something else. Something else never developed. It took having kids and deciding to go part time to be able to find something different. The right opportunity came at the right time. I am really blessed. For those of you who are interested, I will be writing for an online publication for special needs children. It’s really quite challenging – not the kind of writing that I am used to. Because it is for special needs children, sentences cannot be more than 7 words long and the words have to be something that can be depicted with a picture. So for instance, the word “interesting” cannot be used because how would you draw that? So a lot of thought goes into each word and sentence.
Although I am excited about the job, I am even more exited about Thanksgiving in Milwaukee with all my siblings and families. We really do enjoy spending time together. We laugh so much and everyone gets along really well. It’s a lot of different personalities sharing the love. It’s what Thanksgiving is all about. Kath and Morgan are traveling from Olean on Monday and will stop at my house overnight. Pattie and her family are flying on Tuesday. We will be traveling on Wednesday after work (yes, the busiest travel day of the year). We were thinking of driving halfway into Indiana and stopping overnight to try and avoid Chicago traffic. Then we would wake up on Thanksgiving and drive the rest of the way that morning. Andy has been so busy at work, I don’t even think he can stop and think about a plan.
No big plans for the weekend. I need to shop, clean the house from top to bottom because it is a disaster, do laundry, and pack for the trip. I hope I find the time to do it all.

Story to share:
Got the babies home from the sitter’s house last evening. While I was holding Ellie, I tried to let the dog out on his lead. He got away (which I don’t blame him because he has been cooped up for a couple of days). Then I see him over in the neighbor’s yard rolling around in something, which I am sure smelled like roses to him. He stunk to high heaven. So, needless to say I had to bathe one dog and two babies last night by myself. By the time I went to bed last night, I could not move a muscle. But I did it.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment