Monday, November 9, 2009

Good news

Gosh the weekend just flew by. Don’t you agree? I have two most excellent pieces of information to share and I’m not sure which to start with… I’ll start with the kiddos.

Elinor and John both slept for 8 ½ hours last night. Wow! They did not nap well yesterday so that may have contributed to the long sleep. Their Mimi and Grandpa arrived yesterday afternoon. They are staying until next Sunday. It’s so nice to have the extra hands. No daycare for the kids this week. No waking up at 5:30 am to feed and get dressed. I will have extra time in the morning to walk Lloyd and Andy won’t have to wrestle with getting the kids out of the door. Everyone benefits.

By the way, Andy hopped on the scale with each baby because we wanted to get an idea on how much they weighed. We figured that Elinor weighs about 12 lbs and John is just about 14 lbs. John is definitely wearing 3-6 months now while Ellie is still fitting into her 0-3 months.

In other news…
I finally put my 2 week notice in at work. I have accepted a part time position doing some writing for a children’s online publication. I will be working just 3 days per week. The office is minutes from my house and the sitter’s house. We won’t have to get up at the crack of dawn anymore. I will have 2 extra days home with the kids. Andy and I are both thrilled.

Sidenote: Andy gave me a wonderful compliment yesterday and told me that I was a wonderful mother and that I am at my best compared to anything else I have ever done.

It’s all about the love people.

Beautiful weather over the weekend. The kiddos and I went into Lakewood and visited with Kirsten. We walked the Metroparks. Exercise and fresh air. Nice.
Sunday was a cleaning and laundry day. I also cooked up a few dozen meatballs and tomato sauce. About a third of the meatballs didn’t even make it from the oven to the pot of sauce. Hhmm…. Where do you think they disappeared to????

Will post some more pictures by tomorrow.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment