Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cheers to Moms

Andy received a standing ovation from many who attended the city council meeting last night. Many people got up and gave him glorious complements about the job he was doing for the city. I am pretty proud of him. He deserves the positive recognition for all of his gosh darn hard work (not to mention time away from home).


How nice to get a standing ovation for a job well done! You don't really hear of that. So right this minute I am giving a shout out and a standing ovation to all of the moms, whether working or stay at home.

Seriously, being a mom is the toughest job I have ever had... hands down. It's not just about taking care of twins. There is the washing bottles, cleaning dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, taking care of the dog, cooking, grocery shopping, making sure the bills get paid, making beds, picking up clothes off of the floor, washing the car seat pad when vomited on, etc., etc. I applaud all Moms today and everyday.

Currently, I have one baby sleeping in the car seat and one sleeping in the Baby Bjorn on my chest. I tried to establish a so called "routine" today but it went out the window at around 10 am this morning. We did have a bit of Tummy Time.....

Lloyd loved it... the kids - not so much. We shall try a little bit each day. What else do I do with newborns?
I forgot to post pictures of their first bath. I think after the initial shock, they both really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment