Monday, August 3, 2009

Time's Up

The babies will be arriving tomorrow.

Wendy and Dad surprised us yesterday and drove from Milwaukee on Sunday rather than on Monday. We dined on hot dogs and hamburgers out on the deck and stayed up past 11pm talking. I did manage to get in a few ZZZZZ's until about 4am. However, I don't think Andy slept at all. There is a bit of anxiety and nervousness in the house.
Today Wendy took me to my last prenatal appointment. There they checked the babies' heartbeats and did a quick ultrasound to see the position of the babies. Baby A is definately head down, but Baby B is breech. That little stinker. He was definately head down just a few weeks ago. I don't know how he found the room to flip around. Probably one of those sleepless nights or something.
So, due to the placement of the babies we have scheduled a c-section for tomorrow at 1:30pm. I cannot believe that I will be a Mom this time tomorrow. It just doesn't seem real. It's not like someone gave me a license to be a Mom. It's just something you decide that you want to do and then you just let it happen.
We have a lot of loving family and friends that will be with us in the next few days.
I am praying for peace for both Andy and myself and of course, it goes with out saying, very healthy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment