Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Routine?

A close friend asked me if I had a routine started with the babies. I panicked. A routine? Should I have one already at just 2 weeks? Oh no. The routine is this... feed 1, change a diaper, change clothes (if necessary), feed 2, change a diaper, change clothes (if necessary), pump, change myself, eat something, play with the dog, throw a load of laundry in, and start over. Sometimes we change it up a bit... instead of throwing a load of laundry in it may be mop the floor or vacuum. But that is the only variance.

The babies are already growing in just 2 short weeks. Both of their faces have filled out and their cheeks are chubby. So cute.

That's John on the left and Elinor on the right. Sleeping beauties!

We have visitors coming this afternoon. Doug & Amanda also have twins. Their twin girls are 11 weeks old. I cannot wait to pick Amanda's brain. I need tips and tricks.

I am able to start driving today - however, I have yet to find the time to get out and do it. I feel like I need to run a couple of local errands just to feel normal and a part of society again. Don't get me wrong. I love spending my days with the babies. I just need to get out of the house for an hour.

Gotta go... Elinor is waking and the "routine" starts again.

1 comment: