Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend

We had a very busy weekend here. It all started with a visit from Kirsten on Friday. She arrived in the morning and stayed most of the day which was a huge help to me. I actually got out of the house for 2 1/2 hours for some maintenance on the hair. It felt so good to be out.

Pattie and Abigail came in on Friday evening. They were here to visit with the babes and also more specifically to babysit all day on Saturday while Andy & I attended two weddings. We went to the church for the 1st wedding. Then we headed over to the second wedding which took place outside of a yacht club - beautiful day, a bit chilly on the water and my hair was so windblown (no pictures of that). Then we went back to the first wedding's reception. Andy was first on the dance floor and I followed. It definately could have been a reception that we closed down.. but the babes were calling and we were home by 9:15pm. We were typical newbie parents showing off pictures and sending texts back home. We found Pattie exhausted. She exclaimed "This is hard. I don't know how you do it."

It is hard and I don't know how I do it.
Today we took the kiddos to their first festival. It was called Shamrocks & Thistles and it was down at the boat basin. Beautiful day. We were enjoying some traditional Irish fare and a couple of Black & Tans for myself when John suddenly vomited. Oh dear! It was all over Aunt Pattie. We skidaddled out of there pretty quickly.


We are settling down and getting ready for what is my last week at home. On Sundays, I find myself filled with anxiety. I am without Andy and other help during the week. This week I am especially weepy because although the days are hard (as Pattie discovered while babysitting for 7 hours) it will be quite difficult to return to a job that I don't love and leave my kids with someone else. I wish there was another way. I continue to pray and pray about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment