Tuesday, September 29, 2009

8 weeks

The twins are 8 weeks old today.
Eggs & Bacon. Thanks to Aunt Leslie who made these tees.
(Look at John holding Elinor's hand)


I am back to work today - unfortunately. The morning was a bit hairy but hopefully as the days go on there will be much improvement. The babies awoke at midnight and then at 3am for feedings. I got back to bed at 4am and the alarm went off at 5am. John has been waking around 5:15 for the past week which is too early for a 6am feeding. Typically I have been picking him up and bringing him into bed with me. However, I could not do that today. After I finished showering and getting dressed, I put him in a bouncy seat on top of the counter while I washed and prepared the day's bottles. That little stinker did not even have a wet eye. He is a big faker for sure.
Once I was done with the bottles, I then changed and dressed John and started to feed him. Andy got up and did the same with Elinor. I finished with John and then finished with Ellie. I then fed the dog and let him out. Meanwhile, Ellie puked up breakfast and I had to do a quick clothes change. I let the dog back in and finally got myself out the door with tears strolling down my cheeks.
Surprisingly I am holding up well at work. However, the novelty could wear off pretty quickly since there is little work for me to do. I would much rather be taking care of the kids, house and dog. It's much more productive.

Dinner this evening was made by my sister Pattie. She put together a pan of stuffed shells and sent it along with Dad and Wendy this weekend. I love, love, love when dinner is already prepared for me. Thanks Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment