Saturday, July 25, 2009

And the birthday continues

I just woke up from a mid-afternoon nap. I was awake from about 2:30 am until 6:30 am which makes for a very tired girl. You might wonder what I did during that four hour stretch of time. Well, I got up and moved to the couch and opened up a new book that was given to me. The book is about parenting in a more spiritual way... right up my alley. I am already enjoying it.
Our neighbors had a barbecue last evening, which we attended along with my sister Kathleen, niece Morgan and her friend. My dear husband surprised me with an ice cream cake (yum!) with candles that showed my age as "32". Love it.
Today started out rainy and cool but ended up being more sunny and humid... not my kind of weather. My legs and feet are especially bothering me. I am sure it is just another side effect of the pregnancy, but nonetheless bothersome. I think a pool would be super duper.
Oh, and I almost forgot. Kathleen came bearing lots of gifts when she arrived. My big birthday gift was a spiffy new diaper bag. This diaper bag is really the cadillac of diaper bags when it comes to twins. Now, if I only knew what goes into the diaper bag...
I also received the very cutest of matching outfits for the twins from my sister Pattie. I have decided that they will be coming home from the hospital in these little outfits. They will make for some great photographs.
Also, my mother-in-law sent along 2 handmade crocheted blankets along with many other baby items. The blankets are meant to be used for coming home from the hospital as well.
Kath is here until Monday. Not sure what the rest of the weekend will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment