Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthday Schmirthday

I celebrated a birthday yesterday. Honestly, not one of the greatest. I woke up missing my mom - which sometimes I do on my birthday. Her birthday was the day before mine - we ususally celebrated with one cake. That was a long time ago.
My husband texted me birthday greetings after he left the house for work. I think he was hoping that the surprise party from last year would give him a few birthdays off. No card. No cards from anyone for that matter.
Dinner out was unplanned which meant more time driving around which is a bit uncomfortable for me these days.
However, looking at the bright side... I am 41 years old, carrying twins. I am healthy. I have a roof over my head and clothes on back and an awfully good dog. I have family and friends that love me. And for all of that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment