Tuesday, May 18, 2010

9 months old

The kids had their 9 month checkup.  I took them to the appointment all by myself.  I had them in the CityMini and I didn't realize before it was too late that the CityMini does not fit through the exam room doorways.  It was such a feat..lifting them out, placing them on the floor, collapsing the stroller, setting it back up, strapping the kids back it, etc...  I had to get them both undressed.  And where did they go?  You guessed it.  Back in the stroller while we waited for the pediatrician.



I guess John needed to stretch out his hamstrings.


The Stats 
Elinor:
Weight:  16lbs 3 oz
Height:   27.5 inches
Head :    45 cm

John:
Weight:  19lbs 8.5 oz
Height:   29 inches
Head:    49cm

John is in the 75th percentile for his height.  My babies are as chubby as they are going to get.

John is crawling and pulling up to a stand position. Elinor has yet to get herself into a sitting position yet.  She does not crawl.  Her mode of transportation is to shimmy and slither across the floor with a couple of rolls in the direction she wants to go.
They have both mastered picking up foods with a pincer grasp.
They both laugh spontaneously, at Lloyd, at their parents and at each other.
They sleep about 11 hours per night with one morning nap and one afternoon nap.
They love music. They love to clap their hands.  They are great eaters - they're favorites are bananas, pears, peas and cauliflower. 

I have said it before and I'll say it again:  We are very very blessed to have  wonderful happy and healthy twin babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment