Sunday, March 27, 2011

I wish I could do this

I would love to just crash in the middle of the day like this. It's not that I couldn't actually fall asleep, it's just that I don't have the opportunity.  Give that kid his "lovey" and he surely could fall asleep anywhere.  
We took the kids to an out of town shopping mall today to get some last items for our trip to Florida.... 10 more days.  The day seemed to be going along well until we stopped at the food court for lunch.  Andy waited in line for food while I got the kids situated in highchairs.  John began to have a  meltdown.  Oh dear lord.  Andy could see me struggling from afar and ran back with the food.  He had to run back for the remaining food and I tried to give some food to Elinor, meanwhile John was hanging out of his chair screaming, Elinor tossed the food on the floor and everyone was staring.  I am sure they thought it was my first day with twins.  But that wasn't it.  Elinor had a melt down after lunch. She screamed and screamed.  I could not calm her down. Finally I took off her sneakers and she immediately was at peace. Stupid sneakers.  I don't even know if there is something wrong with them, but I am never ever putting those sneakers on her feet ever again. Ever. 
Poor sweet babies.  

... And I know today was just a prelude to our travel day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment