Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back in service

Well, well, well... I am finally back in service.  Yes, I have the new computer. But the camera stopped working.  Sometimes that's the way this house rolls... not everything is in working order at the same time.  But we make do.  And sometimes, we have to stop blogging in the meantime.
Hello and Happy New Year!
The kiddos are so much fun these days.  However, they get into so much trouble as well.  The house usually looks like a bomb went off.  The kids love to just take things out of drawers. So at any given time, I may have pots and pans and tupperware; books and toys; and clean clothes and dirty clothes littering the house.  Then I pick it all up and we start all over again.  Some days I have more patience for it than others. Some days I say to myself, "Wow! God chose me for these kids!" Other days I say to myself, "Why did God choose me?"
Elinor is quite the talker. I don't know what she is saying, but we can carry on very long drawn out conversations.  John is obsessed with figuring things out.  He watched my open cans of crushed tomatoes and then he marched over to get a can opener and a can from the cupboard and sat on the floor attempting to open the can.  That is just one of the many examples. Elinor loves her books and reads out loud with such expression! John likes to fiddle with the vacuum.  John is also my helper.  He puts things away, closes doors and wipes up their mini table.  Tonight when I asked Elinor where her milk was, John dropped to the floor and began looking under the table. I told him not to worry, that I would take care of finding it.  So funny.


I dressed them up in snowsuits today and we did a bit of sledding and playing in the bit of snow we have. I think we spent more time getting dressed than we did outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment