Tuesday, August 10, 2010

12 month stats

We met up with Pattie and Abigail on Sunday to do a little picnic.  It was a quick visit since Elinor did not nap on the way there and then absolutely fussed because she was missing her afternoon nap.  What can I say? My twins like their schedule. 

Elinor:


18 lbs 4 oz.
28.75 inches
She is not walking yet, but we expect her to do so within another month. She was a month behind John in crawling. She jibber jabbers from morning until night. She is head strong and has a will of her own. She is sweet. Her smile lights up the room. She has 7 teeth. Elinor is snuggly, likes to be rocked and gives really wet kisses. She has a silly giggle. Her heart breaks easily – especially when John takes a toy from her or when I leave her in her crib awake. She has been a bit challenging at bedtime. Her hair is out of control!


John:

21 lbs 9 oz.
30.25 inches
John cruises around by foot. He jibber jabbers quite a bit. John likes to sing to the music. He has such a pretty voice. John is devilish but can get away with everything with his smile. He has 12 teeth, I think. John has a temper – he arches his back when he gets mad. He is usually first to wake from naps and in the morning. His voice is low. John is getting quite attached to his Daddy and likes to be held so he can see what’s going on.

Both babies, ahem – I mean toddlers, love food – any kind. They especially love their fruit. I haven’t found a food they have not liked. Wait, that’s not true..they are not crazy about eggs.

The doctor is happy with their overall development except for their speech. Neither child has used MaMa or DaDa or any other real words. I know they know what the other one is saying but I don’t know what they are saying. They crack each other up. They have really started to play with each other. Sometimes I catch them chasing each other from room to room.

I can’t wait to see what this next year brings….

No comments:

Post a Comment