Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010

Happy New Year! Hello 2010. Saying good-bye to 2009 is somewhat bittersweet. Andy and I were blessed in ’09 with the birth of our twins. Other than being very uncomfortable, the pregnancy progressed beautifully. We were very lucky!

Christmas in Olean was extremely hectic. We were there for a very short period of time and had to squeeze in a lot of people. We have agreed to stay put next year. That’s what Peter & Leslie did this year… they stayed in Milwaukee. I missed them terribly.
New Year’s was back in Ohio. We brought the New Year in with our close friends Chuck and Deeds. New Year’s Resolutions? I never have any…. However, I would like to lose 10 lbs by the end of February. I should go back to church (this is a tough one for me because I would not be doing it for myself but for the babies). I need to be a better wife, sister and friend. I want to exercise more; exercise Lloyd more; spend time being artistic; read more; take a vacation…..

John and Elinor are 5 months old today. Oh gosh, they are so much fun. Elinor is able to roll over from back to tummy. I saw John roll from his tummy to his back. John has two bottom teeth. Poor little guy has been drooling like crazy and just wants to snuggle all of the time. Oh, how I wish I had two extra arms. Elinor has one tooth and is cutting the other.
They are both pretty strong. They can hold their heads up very well. They can both grab items and pass them from one hand to the other. They recognize their own names and look when they are called. They smile like crazy. They are big talkers and also laugh. Those are my favorite sounds.
We started the rice cereal on New Year’s Day. Each time I have tried it they both get a little cranky. They just want the bottle because they are hungry. I will definitely keep trying it of course.
On average, they are sleeping five hour increments at night. They go to bed by 7:30pm…up at around 12:30am and up again by 5am. We did have a couple of 8 hour nights last week. I just wish their 8 hours could coincide with mine. I cannot go to bed at 7:30 though and they won’t stay up any later.
They received activity saucers from Grandma & Grandpa White and Auntie Hilary and Uncle Brian. These have been great!



Happy New Year to you all! Wishing you many blessings this coming year.

Note to Family: Please save baby related coupons for me. Thanks. I hate to buy diapers without a coupon.

1 comment: