Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Flu

Elinor got sick with the flu on Thursday evening. It came on pretty darn fast. She wasn't keeping any formula down. Her little body was so tired and so limp. It really scared me. I kept trying to feed her a couple of ounces every couple of hours and that seemed to work for the most part... by Sunday she had made a full recovery. Unfortunately I got sick on Saturday. It's tough being sick when you're a mom. I was lucky enough to have Hilary and cousin Emily here this weekend for a visit. They helped out a lot. I spent most of Saturday in bed. My mom duties were at a minimum. I mostly directed everyone else: "he's hungry"; "she's tired"; "check his diaper"; "pick her up please". Then there were times when I just got up and did it myself.
Andy made me a milkshake on Saturday evening. That seemed to be the only thing that sounded appetizing and it was the only thing I had eaten all day. Thank goodness the flu was over as quick as it had come.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that John John doesn't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment