Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Time Flies

Seriously, where does the time go?  I apologize for the lapse in updates.  But I can tell you that a lot has changed in the past few months:
Elinor gave up the 6 pacifiers at bedtime.... finally.  That was rough for about 2 weeks.  I think if she had the chance now, she would go back in a second for the fix.
Twins are 3 years old.
Potty training.  Oh lord, I just threw the damn diapers away and said that was it.  However... John is still having many accidents... even at preschool.
Family vacation  of 18 people in the Outer Banks.  Great company.... %$#*&* weather. John never wanted to go to the beach even when it was time for the group picture by a professional photographer. So frustrating. However, I have the best family. They were so patient and understanding.
Twins started preschool.  So far so good. However, I have received a few calls from the preschool teacher about John John. She feels that he may need more individual attention then she can give.  I think she just needs to be a bit more creative. He will never be the learner that fits into a nice square box.  He has not been overly excited about school either. Every morning I get "No school Mama. No school." It breaks my heart. But then one day he said, "No school Mama. Just church."  What??? So now I have to bribe him with a visit to the church before we head over to the preschool. Early calling???? Wait until he discovers that he has not been baptized. Oops.
With the cooler temperatures upon us.. (my favorite time of the year) we are enjoying more time outside.  Guess what we did today? See the new header?  We played in the leaves. So fun.
So, we are still here. Busy as ever.  But trying to be the best that we can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment