Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer

We have been keeping very busy around here. I apologize for the lapse in blogging.  When it is too hot outside we keep ourselves busy inside with different activities or we go to the library.  The twins love the children's area because there are toys and puzzles and computers.  However, when I try to take them to the adult section on the second floor, they start running through the aisles like crazy people. Needless to say, I rarely come home with a book of my own.
We went to a pool party on the 4th of July. John loved the pool and the water slide.  It was hard to get him to come out of the pool.  I would love to get him some swim lessons.... that's when work gets in the  way.
Potty training is at an all time low.  No one is interested anymore.  I may have to face the fact that they won't be able to attend preschool in August... Ugh!
We will be traveling to Olean this weekend. I can't remember the last time we were there.... January maybe???? I am excited to take the kids to the pool where Morgan lifeguards.
Today we painted outside with homemade sidewalk paint. The kids went nuts over that. It will be a regular activity for sure. I also baked a loaf of bread in the crock pot. I love homemade bread and I do make it often in the winter months.. by hand, without a bread machine.  But I don't want to heat up the kitchen. So I found a recipe on Pinterest and gave it a try. It turned out perfectly.  I did broil it for 2 minutes to get it slightly brown on top... but that was the only time the oven went on today.  Delicious.  So easy.  I will be doing that again.
39 days until OBX with the entire family. We are looking forward to time away and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment