Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Feeling Crafty

Everyday, John or Elinor ask me to make them a tent.  I get out a large sheet and drape it across tables and the couch, tucking it in between books and cushions.  It eventually falls down.  They love it though. So, I had the bright idea of making a more permanent tent.  With the magic of Pinterest, I came up with this tutorial.  The wood supplies cost me less than $6 and I picked up a cute gingham sheet from Goodwill for about $2.50.  It took me all of 15 minutes to drill the holes and put it together.  I was so excited for them to get up from their nap to see it.

Well, the reaction was less than enthusiastic.  John yelled "I don't like it".  So before Elinor could knock it down, I packed it up and put it away.  Perhaps for another day. 
Note to self:  What I think they will love and have fun with... is not necessarily true.  
******************
Cute thing John said today.
John:  Mama, cracker. 
Me:  What's the magic word?
John: John
I giggled. It was close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment